PR 10656 and PR 10657

Jeff Sturm jsturm@one-point.com
Wed May 7 22:38:00 GMT 2003

On 6 May 2003, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> These PRs represent serious problems with the Java front end -- problems
> that prevent building GCC if Java is enabled.  Both problems occur on
> Solaris machines.

I have a patch for PR 10656, but cannot test it myself on Solaris 7.  I
may have some help.  Is tomorrow too late for 3.3?

> PR 10657 looks like it might be a problem on other systems as well;
> --disable-nls does not seem to be working correctly when building jc1.

I couldn't reproduce PR 10657.  Solaris 8 has iconv() in libc, anyway, so
I don't believe this is a Solaris problem, nor that it should affect the
3.3 release.

(Java wants to use iconv() whenever it's available regardless of
--disable-nls.  See also prs 10013, 9045.)

Jeff