Almost there... (episode 2)

Clemens Eisserer Linuxhippy@web.de
Mon Jul 29 13:31:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

>Hi Norman,
>
>I started building the gtk peers just a few days ago. I got a minimal
>gtk-based AWT application running yesterday on my linux i586 machine.
>Before contributing patches to gcc community, I just want to get
>things cleaner (I need background on some configure machinery details).

Wow, great. I think this stuff gcj does really nead. It'll open gcj for
the broad masses of Java-Linux developers, not everybody is familiar
with impasse-technologies like Java-GTK or Java-QT  though theyr are
very impressive.
Good luck, I would be happy to see first working results.

(Waren't there complete X-Lib-Bindings for AWT with very small support
for SWING. Why doesnt the gcj-group not improve these bindings?

Mfg Linuxhippy