Current gcj on powerpc

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Sun Jul 28 12:53:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I was trying to test my Throwable patch
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2002-q3/msg00084.html>
on something else then a x86 machine but I cannot even get a clean cvs
HEAD version of (lib)gcj working. Make check produces a lot of failures
(150): <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2002-07/msg00801.html>

The testsuite failures that I tried and my own tests all fail in
exception.cc:110 which is inside _Jv_Throw and says:

/* If code == _URC_END_OF_STACK, then we reached top of stack without
   finding a handler for the exception.  Since each thread is run in
   a try/catch, this oughtn't happen.  If code is something else, we
   encountered some sort of heinous lossage from which we could not
   recover.  As is the way of such things, almost certainly we will have
   crashed before now, rather than actually being able to diagnose the
   problem.  */
abort();

Is anyone else using cvs HEAD on powerpc-unknown-gnu-linux at the
moment?

I looked through the other gcc-testresults but it seems that I am the
only one sending in results for that platform with gcj. The last normal
test results can be found on July 13. But my autobuilder/tester was not
working between July 13 and July 23 so I am not sure precisely when this
started.

Thanks,

Mark