Native compilation article

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Jan 29 11:37:00 GMT 2002

>>>>> "Martyn" == Martyn Honeyford <MARTYNH@uk.ibm.com> writes:

Martyn> When I have time, I will alter Prime.java to use ints and
Martyn> publish the results on the discussion forum.

If you have the time, try a few versions of gcj, and experiment with
the optimizations.  gcj 3.1 should beat all previous versions.  Also,
experimenting with optimization levels and flags accurately reflects
real-world use, in my opinion.  People who care about the performance
of their code regularly do this.

Martyn> Anyone know if it is possible to produce win32 binaries using
Martyn> gcj?

Adam Megacz has had some success with this, but his gcj changes are
not yet in our tree.  So for the time being the answer is "no".