requirements for graphite & loop-block
Branko
brankob@s5tehnika.net
Mon Apr 3 17:50:00 GMT 2017
On 03. 04. 2017 15:29, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On 3 April 2017 at 00:25, L A Walsh wrote:
>> The loop-block optimization say it needs cloog + ppl for
>> graphite -- but I saw an email from July 2012, Jonathan Wakely,
>> that says the trunk was using isl, so ppl wasn't needed.
>>
>> Does that imply that 5 years later, what was in trunk might
>> be in the mainstream releases? I.e. what, besides
>> cloog is needed, "today" for building the graphite optimizers,
>> ppl or isl?
> Just ISL, not cloog or ppl, as documented:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html
>
> That's for trunk, for a specific release see the docs included in the
> release sources. No currently supported release needs cloog or ppl.
> GCC 4.9 needed isl and cloog.
>
>> If isl, should the manpage text for loop-block saying
>> that ppl is required be updated?
> It already has been:
>
> -floop-block
> -floop-unroll-and-jam
> Perform loop nest optimizations. Same as
> -floop-nest-optimize. To use this code transformation, GCC has to be
> configured with --with-isl to enable the Graphite loop transformation
> infrastructure.
>
> If you look at the manpage for an old release then you'll see the
> requirements for the old release.
>
That being said, I'm using gcc-6.3.0 + isl-0.18 on my Gentoo on all
packages and on quite a few of them I had to turn it off because it
fails to compile. I'm using graphite with flto, but usually graphite
fails on its own ( with or without flto).
Here is simple example with comiling tar-1.29:
CFLAGS="-march=native -O3 -pipe -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks
-fgraphite-identity -floop-nest-optimize"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
result:
getopt.c: In function âexchangeâ:
getopt.c:144:1: internal compiler error: in add_loop_constraints, at
graphite-sese-to-poly.c:933
exchange (char **argv, struct _getopt_data *d)
^~~~~~~~
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list