Why is fixincludes not doing anything?

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Jun 1 19:44:00 GMT 2012


rbmj <rbmj@verizon.net> writes:

> As a bit of a hack (though IMHO less of a hack then just disabling the
> whole system), I disabled the machine_name fix and re-enabled
> fixincludes with the attached patch, as I *need* to change the header
> files to get gcc targeting vxworks to compile, and these are not
> changes that are easily accommodated with changes to GCC.  If I apply
> the patch, regenerate gcc/configure, and do a clean build fixincludes
> runs and the build finishes without errors.  The configure/build also
> works for a normal, native build.  Should I submit to -patches, in
> anticipation of submitting the hacks necessary to get a build without
> manually patching the headers?  Or is this not the right approach?

Yes, please do send to gcc-patches.  You should CC
nathan@codesourcery.com, who is the maintainer of the GCC VxWorks port.

Thanks!

Ian



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list