Why is fixincludes not doing anything?

rbmj rbmj@verizon.net
Fri Jun 1 17:32:00 GMT 2012


On 05/29/2012 06:48 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Good job tracking it down.
>
> This is the patch:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-10/msg00361.html
>
> This is where it was approved:
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-12/msg00717.html
>
> So now at least you have some people to ask.
I got the same issues as noted in the patch message about CPU.  However, 
just disabling fixincludes outright seems like a kludgey way to solve 
the problem.  I think it would be better (less bad?) to only disable the 
machine_name fix.

As a bit of a hack (though IMHO less of a hack then just disabling the 
whole system), I disabled the machine_name fix and re-enabled 
fixincludes with the attached patch, as I *need* to change the header 
files to get gcc targeting vxworks to compile, and these are not changes 
that are easily accommodated with changes to GCC.  If I apply the patch, 
regenerate gcc/configure, and do a clean build fixincludes runs and the 
build finishes without errors.  The configure/build also works for a 
normal, native build.  Should I submit to -patches, in anticipation of 
submitting the hacks necessary to get a build without manually patching 
the headers?  Or is this not the right approach?

Thanks!

Robert Mason
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 01-machine-name.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 2799 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-help/attachments/20120601/3d075d68/attachment.bin>


More information about the Gcc-help mailing list