Toolchain compilation problems

David Summers gmane@summers5913.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 20:05:00 GMT 2012


Well it was the truth, but not the full story. Some stories just go ever 
on, so at times you cut to the chase. But you want a longer story.

Well if you'll excuse me skipping over things, I'll skip the first pass 
of binutils, gcc, and uClibc. Going straight to the second pass these 
are the non sysroot configures used:

gcc-4.7.0 configure:

../gcc-4.7.0/configure --prefix=/home/arm --with-local-prefix=/home/arm 
--with-native-system-header-dir=/home/arm/usr/include 
--target=armv7-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu 
--build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --enable-neon --with-arch=armv7-a 
--with-tune=cortex-a9 --with-fpu=vfpv3-d16 --with-float=hard 
--with-abi=aapcs-linux --enable-languages=c --enable-threads 
--enable-tls --enable-shared --disable-libgomp --disable-nls 
--disable-multilib --disable-libmudflap --disable-libssp 
--disable-libgomp --disable-libquadmath --with-headers=/home/arm/usr/include

binutils-2.22:

../binutils-2.22/configure --target=armv7-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi 
--host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/home/arm 
--with-lib-path=/home/arm/lib:/home/arm/usr/lib --enable-shared 
--disable-nls --with-libliberty

maybe tweaked ld with

make -C ld clean
make -C ld LIB_PATH=/home/arm/usr/lib:/home/arm/lib

Am just now retrying a sysroot vesrion, with the binutils in the gcc 
directory, so I do both at the same time. With what else I've learn 
think this should now work with sysroot as well - and as having sysroot 
was my preferred option, I'll now see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for your help,

David.

On 30/05/12 14:38, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 05/30/2012 02:17 PM, David Summers wrote:
>> Both! AT different times ....
>>
>> Am current running with a --prefix=/home/arm
>>
>> I'll probably try switching back to --sysroot=/home/arm when I get the
>> chance - as it seems the better way to go ...
>>
>> Neither though seemed to have any effect on the problem I was having
>> (crt*.o files not being found)
>
> Well, if you don't tell us the whole truth we're not going to be
> able to help you.  For a cross-compiler you'll need both.
>
> What was your configure line?
>
> Andrew.
>
>




More information about the Gcc-help mailing list