Problem building cross-compiler for AIX 6.1
David Summers
gmane@summers5913.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 20:10:00 GMT 2012
With my experience, a few posts down.
First pass of gcc in a cross compiler, you have to disable both threads
and shared. Problem is that both depend on files that you only create
when you compile your target C library, and you can only compile that
when you've a basic compiler working.
So first compile with --disable-shared --disable-threads
Then do your C lib
Then recompile with shared and threads enabled, and making sure you are
pointing things to the new files created by the C lib ....
Hope this helps,
David.
On 31/05/12 20:28, John M Collins wrote:
> Please CC me as I'm not subscribed thanks
>
> I am trying to build a cross-compiler with gcc-4.7.0 from Ubuntu Linux
> to AIX6.1
>
> I have build the binutils (2.22) OK
>
> I have copied the include files and /usr/lib contents from AIX6.1 to
> /home/crossenv/powerpc-ibm-aix6.1/include and .../lib
>
> I am running:
>
> ../gcc-4.7.0/configure --target=powerpc-ibm-aix6.1
> --prefix=/home/crossenv --disable-nls --enable-languages=c,c++
> make all-gcc
> make install-gcc
> make all-target-libgcc
>
> However it gets as far as the following on the last step
>
> /bin/bash ../../../../gcc-4.7.0/libgcc/../mkinstalldirs
> ../../.././gcc/pthread
> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 libgcc_eh.a ../../.././gcc/pthread/
> chmod 644 ../../.././gcc/pthread/libgcc_eh.a
> /home/crossenv/powerpc-ibm-aix6.1/bin/ranlib
> ../../.././gcc/pthread/libgcc_eh.a
> /bin/bash ../../../../gcc-4.7.0/libgcc/../mkinstalldirs
> ../../.././gcc/pthread; /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 pthread/libgcc_s.a
> ../../.././gcc/pthread/
> /usr/bin/install: cannot stat `pthread/libgcc_s.a': No such file or
> directory
>
> I don't need threads straightaway, can I bypass this just to get off the
> ground?
>
> Thanks for any help people can give.
>
More information about the Gcc-help
mailing list