cross-compiler build failed at libgcc, what is error message saying?

Kai Ruottu kai.ruottu@wippies.com
Thu Jan 27 15:38:00 GMT 2011


27.1.2011 17:23, MFL Commissioner kirjoitti:
> Kai Ruottu wrote:
>>
>> Yes, the new GCC expects it being in :
>>
>> /AFS/android-9-arm/cross219/armv5-android-eabi/bin
>>
>> So: Why you used a different target name with GCC than with binutils?
>> The rule is that both the $prefix and $target values should be just the
>> same otherwise binutils and GCC aren't in sync!
>>
>> Just make a symlink :
>>
>> armv5-android-eabi -> armv-android-eabi

A typo was here, 'arm-',not 'armv-' !

>> in '/AFS/android-9-arm/cross219' and things should work!
>
> There are little endian and big endian versions of the arm arch, so the
> triplet needs a "b" in it if it's big endian (e.g. armv7b). I guess when
> I was building the binutils I didn't realize that the arch had to match
> exactly (I built them first).

Most probably 'armv5' and 'arm' will lead to just the same result with
binutils, the problem being that GCC searches at '$prefix/$target/bin'
for the bare-name tools like 'as', 'ld', 'nm',...  AND the GCC configure
searches tools with a name prefix '$target-', so the bare symlink isn't
enough :(

Better to rebuild/reinstall the binutils and remove the earlier
'arm-android-eabi' ones if there is no other use for them.

> I guess the configure script didn't pick up binutils assembler due to that.

Yes, tools with name-prefix '$target-' will be searched just as tools
from $prefix/$target/bin'...



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list