cross-compiler build failed at libgcc, what is error message saying?

MFL Commissioner mfl-commissioner@marino.st
Thu Jan 27 15:23:00 GMT 2011

Kai Ruottu wrote:

> Yes, the new GCC expects it being in :
>
>   /AFS/android-9-arm/cross219/armv5-android-eabi/bin
>
> So: Why you used a different target name with GCC than with binutils?
> The rule is that both the $prefix and $target values should be just the
> same otherwise binutils and GCC aren't in sync!
>
> Just make a symlink :
>
>  armv5-android-eabi -> armv-android-eabi
>
> in '/AFS/android-9-arm/cross219' and things should work!

There are little endian and big endian versions of the arm arch, so the
triplet needs a "b" in it if it's big endian (e.g. armv7b).  I guess
when I was building the binutils I didn't realize that the arch had to
match exactly (I built them first).

I guess the configure script didn't pick up binutils assembler due to that.

Thanks for your help!