cross-compiler build failed at libgcc, what is error message saying?

MFL Commissioner mfl-commissioner@marino.st
Thu Jan 27 15:45:00 GMT 2011

Kai Ruottu wrote:

> Most probably 'armv5' and 'arm' will lead to just the same result with
> binutils, the problem being that GCC searches at '$prefix/$target/bin'
> for the bare-name tools like 'as', 'ld', 'nm',...  AND the GCC configure
> searches tools with a name prefix '$target-', so the bare symlink isn't
> enough :(
>
> Better to rebuild/reinstall the binutils and remove the earlier
> 'arm-android-eabi' ones if there is no other use for them.
>
>> I guess the configure script didn't pick up binutils assembler due to
>> that.
>
> Yes, tools with name-prefix '$target-' will be searched just as tools
> from $prefix/$target/bin'...

Yep, I discovered that.
I just changed the target on gcc to "arm" and started the build over.
The config log confirms that it grabbed the binutils tools this time.

Crossing my fingers...!