Trying to compile for mips-r4000-linux-gnu target machine Failing.... Please Help...

corey taylor corey.taylor@gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 16:54:00 GMT 2005


Ian,

  Has there ever been a GUI tool that allowed users to set
cross-compile and compiler options?  I've seen, used, modified many
interactive scripts, but the actual build options are mostly
hard-coded typically.

corey

On 03 Aug 2005 09:32:04 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com> wrote:
> Ousama Rawas <orawas@gmail.com> writes:
> 
> > Thanks for the reply... So to be able to build a mips r4000 cross
> > compiler on cygwin, I need to first compile binutils for my target
> > machine... Are there any other steps I need to do... I took a look at
> > that cross tool thing, and I am yet to comprehend how that is supposed
> > to help me :S...
> 
> crosstool includes scripts you can use to cross-build a Linux system.
> Those scripts should run under cygwin.
> 
> > I'd really appreciate it if someone could list the steps I need to do
> > in order to be able to build a cross compiler successfully... I'm
> > still a novice at this, so I need all the help I can get...
> 
> That is what Dan Kegel's pages do: list the steps.  Like I said
> earlier, it's complicated.
> 
> Ian
>



More information about the Gcc-help mailing list