Trying to compile for mips-r4000-linux-gnu target machine Failing.... Please Help...

Ian Lance Taylor ian@airs.com
Wed Aug 3 17:37:00 GMT 2005

corey taylor <corey.taylor@gmail.com> writes:

>   Has there ever been a GUI tool that allowed users to set
> cross-compile and compiler options?  I've seen, used, modified many
> interactive scripts, but the actual build options are mostly
> hard-coded typically.

The short answer is: I don't know of any.

I have only ever seen one such tool, which was developed by Tom Tromey
many years ago at Cygnus.  It was released as part of Cygnus Foundry,
which quickly died.  The tool only worked for the Cygnus tree (i.e.,
combined gcc/gdb/binutils/newlib tree), and did not support
cross-building a GNU/Linux system.

Ian