Problem compiling gcc 3.0.1 on solaris 8

Alexandre Oliva aoliva@redhat.com
Sun Sep 9 19:08:00 GMT 2001

On Sep  7, 2001, "Schwartz Jr., William H." <SchwaWH@nsc-msg01.network.com> wrote:

> ./configure --with-as=/usr/local/bin/as --with-ld=/usr/local/bin/ld
> --enable-libgcj --prefix=/nspdev

> Is there some magic trick to compiling this?

Yep.  The magic trick is to follow the installation instructions,
particularly that part that says to use a separate build directory.

GCC is supposed to build fine in the source tree, but it doesn't get
tested very often, which is why we recommend the most-tested setup.

The bug you've run into is fixed for 3.0.2.