bootstrap failure on Solaris 2.6

Jeffrey A Law law@cygnus.com
Fri Dec 4 15:40:00 GMT 1998


  In message < 19981204090227.A10211@ecompcon.com >you write:
  > Has anyone else seen this error while bootstraping egcs on Solaris 2.6
  > Sparc?
  > 
  > This is with the egcs source from CVS as of 8AM Central, 4 Dec.
  > 
  > /usr/local/tmp/egcs/objdir/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/local/tmp/egcs/objdir/gcc/ -B/us
  > r/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/bin/ -c -g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates -I../..
  > /../libstdc++ -I../../../libstdc++/stl -I../libio -I../../../libstdc++/../l
  > ibio -nostdinc++  -DC `for N in REP MAIN TRAITS ADDSS ADDPS ADDCS ADDSP ADD
  > SC EQSS EQPS EQSP NESS NEPS NESP LTSS LTPS LTSP GTSS GTPS GTSP LESS LEPS LE
  > SP GESS GEPS GESP; do echo " -D${N}"; done` \
  >   ../../../libstdc++/sinst.cc -o cstrmain.o
  > ../../../libstdc++/std/bastring.h: In instantiation of `basic_string<char,s
  > tring_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<false,0> >::npos':
  > ../../../libstdc++/sinst.cc:55:   instantiated from here
  > ../../../libstdc++/std/bastring.h:110: Internal compiler error.
  > ../../../libstdc++/std/bastring.h:110: Please submit a full bug report to `
  > egcs-bugs@cygnus.com'.
  > ../../../libstdc++/std/bastring.h:110: See <URL: http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq .
  > html#bugreport> for details.
  > make[2]: *** [bigstmp-string] Error 1
  > make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/egcs/objdir/sparc-sun-solaris2.6
  > /libstdc++'
  > make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++] Error 2
  > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/egcs/objdir'
  > make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
I'm aware of at least one case where gcc is mis-compiling the c++ compiler.
The case I'm looking at involves loop unrolling, though that may merely be
the trigger, not the actual bug.

We'll see....

jeff



More information about the Gcc-bugs mailing list