bootstrap failure on Solaris 2.6
Brian Ford
ford@vss.fsi.com
Fri Dec 4 08:49:00 GMT 1998
It looks very similar to the message I posted to egcs-bugs in November:
Sparc Solaris 2.6 bootstrap of CVS sources failing:
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs-bugs/1998-Nov/0612.html
I was getting an illegal instruction error from as then. It looks like
some change has begun to catch the error sooner.
I bet you configured with -with-cpu=*sparc or compiled with -mcpu=*sparc
didn't you. These were the errors I was asking if anyone was looking
into in the message posted to egcs in November:
Is anyone working on -mcpu=*sparc fixes?
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/egcs/1998-Nov/1179.html
On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, Rick Ohnemus wrote:
> Has anyone else seen this error while bootstraping egcs on Solaris 2.6 Sparc?
>
> This is with the egcs source from CVS as of 8AM Central, 4 Dec.
>
> /usr/local/tmp/egcs/objdir/gcc/xgcc -B/usr/local/tmp/egcs/objdir/gcc/ -B/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/bin/ -c -g -O2 -fno-implicit-templates -I../../../libstdc++ -I../../../libstdc++/stl -I../libio -I../../../libstdc++/../libio -nostdinc++ -DC `for N in REP MAIN TRAITS ADDSS ADDPS ADDCS ADDSP ADDSC EQSS EQPS EQSP NESS NEPS NESP LTSS LTPS LTSP GTSS GTPS GTSP LESS LEPS LESP GESS GEPS GESP; do echo " -D${N}"; done` \
> ../../../libstdc++/sinst.cc -o cstrmain.o
> ../../../libstdc++/std/bastring.h: In instantiation of `basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<false,0> >::npos':
> ../../../libstdc++/sinst.cc:55: instantiated from here
> ../../../libstdc++/std/bastring.h:110: Internal compiler error.
> ../../../libstdc++/std/bastring.h:110: Please submit a full bug report to `egcs-bugs@cygnus.com'.
> ../../../libstdc++/std/bastring.h:110: See <URL: http://egcs.cygnus.com/faq.html#bugreport > for details.
> make[2]: *** [bigstmp-string] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/egcs/objdir/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/libstdc++'
> make[1]: *** [all-target-libstdc++] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/tmp/egcs/objdir'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>
--
Brian Ford
Software Engineer
Vital Visual Simulation Systems
FlightSafety International
Phone: 314-551-8460
Fax: 314-551-8444
More information about the Gcc-bugs
mailing list