This is the mail archive of the libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the libstdc++ project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Reserve __is_trivially_relocatable for a builtin?


On 04/02/19 17:34 +0200, Ville Voutilainen wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2019 at 17:28, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse@inria.fr> wrote:

>>> _Is_trivially_relocatable
>
> This would be fine.
>> them. :) My suggestion
>> is to rename the current one to __is_trivially_bitwise_relocatable.
>
> That would be OK too.

It is getting a bit long and redundant (I started doing the change,
noticed that a line got too long, and was too lazy to reformat), so my 2
choices now are: _Is_trivially_relocatable or __is_bitwise_relocatable

I'll probably pick the first since Jonathan already said it was fine,
although I can be quickly persuaded to use the second.

Please use the second. I don't want _Is_trivially_relocatable and
__is_trivially_relocatable to co-exist.
There's a one-char difference between them (I told you I don't see
underscores :P).

Yeah __is_bitwise_relocatable is good. I prefer that to both of
__is_trivially_relocatable and __is_trivially_bitwise_relocatable.

Avoiding the word "trivially" makes sense if we want to specialize it
for things like std::pair which aren't trivial.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]