This is the mail archive of the
libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: std::call_once without TLS
2009/4/26 Paolo Carlini:
> Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> It's std::call_once, so it's experimental 0x stuff, I thought it
>> wasn't considered part of the fixed ABI yet.
>>
> We are talking about something very strong, and really bad advised, in
> general: removing / adding symbols for a version already delivered to
> the users. We should have done this change before releasing 4.4.0 if you
> considered it so important.
I proposed a fix as soon as I found the problem, three weeks before
4.4.0 was released. I personally don't consider it important, as I
don't use any platforms without TLS.
I'm working on PRs 35569 and 38889 again, so I'll leave call_once
alone now that it's being exported.
Sorry for the breakage and thanks again for catching and reverting it.
Jonathan