This is the mail archive of the
libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: std::call_once without TLS
Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> If something like this is really needed, at this point, you must do it
>> at 3.4.12, do not change anything at 3.4.11, keep exporting the old
>> symbols for compatibility, + add the new one at 3.4.11. But please try
>> hard to figure out a simpler solution. First, anyway, revert everything
>> from both branches, thanks.
>>
> It's std::call_once, so it's experimental 0x stuff, I thought it
> wasn't considered part of the fixed ABI yet.
>
We are talking about something very strong, and really bad advised, in
general: removing / adding symbols for a version already delivered to
the users. We should have done this change before releasing 4.4.0 if you
considered it so important. I didn't really work on <thread>, but, if
you ask me, I'm in principle ok with any concrete proposal to move
forward in 3.4.12.
Paolo.