This is the mail archive of the libstdc++@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the libstdc++ project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: std::call_once without TLS


2009/4/26 Paolo Carlini:
> Jonathan Wakely wrote:
>> Committed to trunk and 4.4 now.
>>
> And I think it should be immediately reverted from both: you are
> changing the 3.4.11 exports!

I see you reverted it, thanks.

> If something like this is really needed, at this point, you must do it
> at 3.4.12, do not change anything at 3.4.11, keep exporting the old
> symbols for compatibility, + add the new one at 3.4.11. But please try
> hard to figure out a simpler solution. First, anyway, revert everything
> from both branches, thanks.

It's std::call_once, so it's experimental 0x stuff, I thought it
wasn't considered part of the fixed ABI yet.

The code is very broken, the only way I can see to fix it while still
returning a reference to a unique_lock will be to use
pthread_set_specific instead of TLS.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]