Re: Thread-safe libio [was Re: BUG in libstdc++ ... libio ... pthreads]

Bonjour

> > I'm sure a lot of people would like the answer to a different
> > question: who would like to work on the thread-safe iostreams?
> > Everybody interested, announce and join in!
>
> Well, I'm willing to do some work on that.

It is indeed an interesting topic.

> First, we should discuss
> some design issues...
>

> #1 Synchronization mechanism

How about to use RWLOCKS ? instead of simple mutexes ?
rwlocks should allowed a certain level of concurency, althouth it is a
little bit more complex because of fine grain locking.

And for realtime applications, How to deal with the priority
inversion ? Setting the mutexes attributes to priority inheritance.

--
alain