Re: egcs-1.1.1 on FreeBSD-2.2.8 compile problems

> First problem is caused by wint_t not being defined in stddef.h on my
> system. This causes problem in the string subdir while compiling
> wmemcmp.c. I got around this one by hacking /usr/include/stddef.h so
> that wint_t is typedef'd as int.
>
> Second problem is caused by not having wchar.h on my system. This causes
> problem in the src subdir while compiling complex.cc. This problem I
> can't get around, not knowing if wchar.h should or not be part of my
> compiler distribution.

A couple of salient points.

One: libstdc++-v3 assumes that you have a working compiler system in
place. From your queries, it appears as if you do not.

Two: Try this:

% cat > kill.cpp
#include <stddef.h>

wint_t big_bertha;

<bkoz@loony.cygnus.com> {/nfs/rhino/plate/bkoz/src.libstdc++/src}
% g++ -H -c kill.cpp
/nfs/rhino/plate/bkoz/H-x86-egcs/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/egcs-2.93.04/include/stddef.h

You should be able to compile the above program. If you can't, you might
want to ask on some BSD-specific or EGCS-specific list for details on how
to proceed.

thanks,
Benjamin