Re: locale/file/style questions

On Fri, 8 Jan 1999, Phil Edwards wrote:

> I used to do the exact opposite, in order to satisfy some compilers that
> would puke when public functions operated on private data that were not
> yet declared.

If there's been one thing that's been consistent with my C++ code since
'89 or so, it's the placement of public before private. It's worked
reasonably well (with a few compiler bug workaround till a few years ago)
since Cfront v1.x.

Look back at code that you had written 10 years ago, and haven't looked at
since, and you'll see how much of a difference it makes. Never trust
comments written 10 years ago right before the big product deadline, trust
only your source ;-)

Regards,
Mumit