Re: GCC 8.4 Status Report (2020-02-17)

> It has been almost a year since GCC 8.3 has been released and GCC 8.4
> release should have been released already, so we should concentrate on
> getting it out soon.  Unfortunately we have two P1s, one of them is
> waiting for reporter's input, so we might as well just ignore it unless
> the input is provided, but the other, C++ FE one, looks something that
> should be fixed.  If we get rid of the P1s, I'd like to create
> 8.4-rc1 on Wednesday, Feb 26th and release 8.4 the week afterwards.
> If you have any queued backports, please commit them to 8 branch
> (and 9 branch too, we'd like to release 9.3 soon too).

Hi Jakub,

it just occurred to me that my patch here is a kind of
security relevant one:

https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2020-02/msg01060.html

since every time the collect2 process is interrupted via a signal
it can delete random files from the hard drive, since the
signal handler may be using the path name, and passes it to the unlink
function before it is initialized.

The patch doe not apply cleanly to gcc-8, but just fixing
that issue, without tackling the cleanup at the same time should
be feasible, if you like that for this version?

Thanks
Bernd.