This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, v2] wwwdocs: e-mail subject lines for contributions
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 16:39:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, v2] wwwdocs: e-mail subject lines for contributions
- References: <email@example.com> <alpine.LSU.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20200121150440.GX10088@tucnak> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 03:33:22PM +0000, Richard Earnshaw (lists) wrote:
> > Some examples would be useful I'd say, e.g. it is unclear in what way you
> > want the PR number to be appended, shall it be
> > something: whatever words describe it PR12345
> > or
> > something: whatever words describe it (PR12345)
> > or
> > something: whatever words describe it: PR12345
> > or
> > something: whatever words describe it [PR12345]
> > or something else?
> Glibc use "[BZ #nnnn]" - obviously BZ becomes PR, but after that, I'm not
> too worried. I'd be happy with [PR #nnnn], but if folk want something else,
> please say so quickly...
[PR 12345] or [PR #12345] is bad, because the bugzilla won't underline it,
it needs to be either PR12345 word, or PR component/12345 .