This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, v2] wwwdocs: e-mail subject lines for contributions
- From: "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 15:40:36 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, v2] wwwdocs: e-mail subject lines for contributions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.LSU.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <20200121150440.GX10088@tucnak> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20200121153902.GY10088@tucnak>
On 21/01/2020 15:39, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 03:33:22PM +0000, Richard Earnshaw (lists) wrote:
Some examples would be useful I'd say, e.g. it is unclear in what way you
want the PR number to be appended, shall it be
something: whatever words describe it PR12345
something: whatever words describe it (PR12345)
something: whatever words describe it: PR12345
something: whatever words describe it [PR12345]
or something else?
Glibc use "[BZ #nnnn]" - obviously BZ becomes PR, but after that, I'm not
too worried. I'd be happy with [PR #nnnn], but if folk want something else,
please say so quickly...
[PR 12345] or [PR #12345] is bad, because the bugzilla won't underline it,
it needs to be either PR12345 word, or PR component/12345 .
ok, lets go with [PRnnnn] then.