This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: git conversion in progress
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at foss dot arm dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 14:39:43 +0000
- Subject: Re: git conversion in progress
- Ironport-sdr: ruIgs2w2Tv8ZNVQj0xT/56PpRH1BkD8l7UME4atcnphjHRkvSqsQwNcqDhDVEN6TX3s4oTo3o+ PSKR+IUFyiJ6lxPuw+R9IzHlQqZi1dWxesDnByxftFIMVSFSTgey1Ip7UvWg7Ht6Y/lNqoi0mf JuhptuvvnCgTsbKlCH0ArYMJI8Ld/0nuc9lW4OuIbNxAx/uH7MBgPhbPUo69g1poq9AbSj0tpn Hmlbwps1B1cSsVnhTJpXlIyvAA6BEFL94YonrJ2tk0cZ5huoAfmeevW8+7gKvZabsn1l0xw6d9 XqE=
- Ironport-sdr: S8Z4kr6J3qLJ06Ub6otd4E6ywQowpqZKPRvLCvYXgT1dGGJkM1K9yvPaLvoInZuBX6hrsKbOAN k5iDu26WL0tzJZz72mZJkUvNtr03G+KpLTwcIYsMS8vuesVZ1Acw/IV4q4v+FCTZl8VXwnNBNC r9bjwtYUB9OijSgp2H8Ralad8vhTnZraRKa0TGRyaNZjzZFa7ea24eGTJfWTxS6HprZNFUFdli RBn4SFfUv7N/p/Xmk3hxKye/1lF71iLSvHPFVE4eZlC174PxcAh2EASNYAA7/foFS6HUBLp8VC BrU=
- References: <alpine.DEB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sat, 11 Jan 2020, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> On 11/01/2020 01:18, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > The GCC SVN repository is now read-only for the move to git, as is the old
> > git-svn mirror; the cron job updating that mirror has been disabled, as
> > have gccadmin's cron jobs updating DATESTAMP, generating snapshots and
> > updating online documentation, until those are updated to work from git.
> > Assuming validation passes, I expect to make the converted repository
> > available in place of the git-svn mirror (git://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git
> > and git+ssh://gcc.gnu.org/git/gcc.git) some time on Saturday. That will
> > be initially read-only to allow for people to review it in case any
> > significant conversion issues are noticed late that would justify
> > rerunning the conversion. I propose to make it writable on Monday, at
> > which point we'll be in development stage 4 for GCC 10 (and to leave
This conversion is now in place, read-only for checking purposes. I've
done all the usual validation, including in particular checking branch
tips and tags against SVN.
> For those that are desperate for an early look, I've uploaded a copy of
> this to gitlab: https://gitlab.com/rearnsha/gcc.
> Beware that testing is *still* in progress, but hopefully this will be
> identical to the version that Joseph finally uploads.
Richard's conversion was using older Bugzilla data (I updated the data
from Bugzilla right before running my final conversion, Richard didn't),
so they don't have identical commit summaries everywhere.
Joseph S. Myers