This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT
- From: Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel dot crashing dot org>
- To: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus dot com>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim dot kuvyrkov at linaro dot org>, "Richard Earnshaw (lists)" <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Alexandre Oliva <oliva at gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Mark Wielaard <mark at klomp dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2020 20:38:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT
- References: <5DCEA32B-3E36-4400-B931-9F4E2A8F3FA5@linaro.org> <155B5BFD-6ECF-4EBF-A38C-D6DD178FB497@linaro.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <9B71A0F7-CD93-4636-BFC7-1D1DBC040F07@linaro.org> <email@example.com> <6EE7BD53-6677-49D2-BCDD-56CD7DA855E9@linaro.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <88B4DAF3-33C1-445F-8F5A-809D5463D0F9@linaro.org> <20200108221119.GA94728@thyrsus.com> <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 11:34:32PM +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> As noted on overseers, once Saturday's DATESTAMP update has run at 00:16
> UTC on Saturday, I intend to add a README.MOVED_TO_GIT file on SVN trunk
> and change the SVN hooks to make SVN readonly, then disable gccadmin's
> cron jobs that build snapshots and update online documentation until they
> are ready to run with the git repository. Once the existing git mirror
> has picked up the last changes I'll make that read-only and disable that
> cron job as well, and start the conversion process with a view to having
> the converted repository in place this weekend (it could either be made
> writable as soon as I think it's ready, or left read-only until people
> have had time to do any final checks on Monday). Before then, I'll work
> on hooks, documentation and maintainer-scripts updates.
Where and when and by who was it decided to use this conversion?
Will it at least be *tested* first?