Re: Proposal for the transition timetable for the move to GIT

On Fri, 27 Dec 2019, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

> > Merge info is not one of those cases.
>
> Sometimes. Some Subversion mergeinfo operations map to Git's
> branch-centric merging.  Many do not, corresponding to cherry-picks
> that cannot be expressed in a Git history.

And in the case of merge commits on master: *deletion* of SVN merge
properties (which is what was done some time ago on trunk when it was
decided we didn't want them there) cannot be expressed in a git history.
But using "unmerge" for the three commits in question (so they don't
appear as merge commits in the git conversion) is one reasonable choice
for how to represent it.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk