This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 9.2 Status Report (2019-08-05), branch frozen for release
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Tom Honermann <tom at honermann dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 17:04:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC 9.2 Status Report (2019-08-05), branch frozen for release
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 10:49:41AM -0400, Tom Honermann wrote:
> > Status
> > ======
> > The first 9.2 release candidate has been released.
> > The GCC 9 branch is frozen for preparation of the GCC 9.2 release.
> > All changes to the branch now require release manager approval.
> Hi, Jakub. If at all possible, I'd like to request that a back port of PR
> c++/88095  be included in the gcc 9.2 release.
I'd prefer to defer it for 9.2.1 (i.e. commit after Monday next week),
the fix has been on the trunk only for 3 days and would require another
release candidate, plus it isn't really a regression.
That way if it breaks something we have several months
to discover it and fix it.