This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Use predicates for RTL objects
- From: Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>
- To: Arvind Sankar <nivedita at alum dot mit dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 15:04:53 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: Use predicates for RTL objects
- References: <20190807161528.GA3326377@rani.riverdale.lan>
On Wed, 7 Aug 2019, Arvind Sankar wrote:
> => x->is_a (REG)
Oh god, please no. Currently at least the RTL parts of GCC still have
mostly a consistent and obvious style, which is a good thing. I have no
idea why anyone would think the above is easier to read than REG_P (x).
P.S: Consider this: the current style served us quite well for the last 35
or so years, so before suggesting style changes, shouldn't you first work
on the sources for some time?