This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Moving to git
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: ramrad01 at arm dot com, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely dot gcc at gmail dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gnu dot org" <gcc at gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 08:18:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: Moving to git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55D61512 dot 8010002 at redhat dot com> <55D61B23 dot 3000309 at redhat dot com> <55D63403 dot 4000603 at redhat dot com> <CAJA7tRahuaA36w76YD0nE+6ur1Y8T1ThZ8ssSmGgRmzT9bUcBA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAH6eHdTcMMgHBax=x42aAE+LdRyKnzNhaLxvc_VcPQVP_P7nog at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAJA7tRYwEMxTrFmFNYg0Mh9QTLyNOtVPH7kjjSTzS82RPyXHfQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAMe9rOpV3G_=ZFWiyRk9bThXEA=_JUJrqEi8hmqLW0hKZLUhqg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87twrsww1x dot fsf at igel dot home>
On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 7:33 AM, Andreas Schwab <email@example.com> wrote:
> "H.J. Lu" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> One very frustrating thing for me is "git bisect" doesn't always
>> work. I think cherry-pick is OK, but probably not rebase nor merge.
>> Can we enforce that "git bisect" must work on official branches?
> bisect works fine with merges.
I keep binutils users/hjl/linux/master branch:
up to date by "git merge origin/master". I never tried "git bisect"
on it since I know that commits on that branch aren't consecutive.
Also "git bisect" doesn't work on gcc trunk in GCC git mirror
for commits around wide-int branch merge.