This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecate 32-bits HP-PA for GCC 4.8?
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: pinskia at gmail dot com (Andrew Pinski)
- Cc: stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com (Steven Bosscher), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (GCC Mailing List), joseph at codesourcery dot com (Joseph S. Myers), danglin at gcc dot gnu dot org (John David Anglin), law at redhat dot com (Jeff Law)
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 13:40:22 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Deprecate 32-bits HP-PA for GCC 4.8?
Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Ulrich Weigand <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Hmm, SPU also supports only SJLJ exceptions ...
> IIRC the main reason is because SJLJ exceptions produced smaller
> binary size. Though I wonder if this should not be looked at again to
> see if dwarf2 eh_frame produces smaller now.
I think just the size of the DWARF2 unwinder routines themselves may
be a concern on the SPU, not even talking about the table sizes ...
In any case, I seem to recall that the DWARF2 unwinder didn't even
work anyway for some reason when I tried it. (But this is a long
time ago -- not sure if that is still a problem.)
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE