This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Deprecate 32-bits HP-PA for GCC 4.8?
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com (Steven Bosscher)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org (GCC Mailing List), joseph at codesourcery dot com (Joseph S. Myers), danglin at gcc dot gnu dot org (John David Anglin), law at redhat dot com (Jeff Law)
- Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 13:38:10 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Deprecate 32-bits HP-PA for GCC 4.8?
Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Ulrich Weigand <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> > Steven Bosscher wrote:
> >> 2. HP-UX 10 is also the last target that only supports SJLJ exceptions.
> > Hmm, SPU also supports only SJLJ exceptions ...
> Then why is force_sjlj_exceptions not set for it?
This, like all the configure stuff, only matters for targets that use
the default_except_unwind_info (or dwarf2_except_unwind_info) target
hook implementation. Like several other targets, SPU instead uses
sjlj_except_unwind_info, and therefore uses SJLJ unconditionally.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE