Re: gcc 4.4.0 on ARM/WinCE float problem

Dave Korn wrote:
Danny Backx wrote:
On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 10:07 +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

Kai Ruottu wrote :
Comparing the output from some earlier working GCC with the gcc-4.4.0
output would reveal if something was wrong in preparing inputs for
the soft-float routines... Or maybe something was changed in the
soft-float routines... What if you try a 'libgcc.a' taken from some
earlier working GCC ?
Did that, see below. I think this means that the stuff in libgcc.a cause
the issue.

Could this be related to old-vs-new EABI? Is the stack aligned to the same multiple on entry to main in both old and new executables? The assembler code looked basically the same, except the stack frame size has changed and a lot of things that were aligned to an (odd/even) multiple of 8 may now be aligned to an (even/odd) multiple instead.

Also the message thread started by :

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2009-03/msg00107.html

could be checked... Although taking part in it, I don't remember what
was solved or not :( In any case Vincent R. could know something more
now...