Re: no_new_pseudos

On Jul  5, 2007, Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck@naturalbridge.com> wrote:

> The work here is not changing the bits.  the work here is the actual
> auditing of each place to see if it was the correct place.

Then I guess the best option is to leave no_new_pseudos defined as a
macro, such that we can introduce the enumeration and migrate to it in
a way that makes it clear what has been migrated and what hasn't.

We might want to take GDB's practice of adding DEPRECATED_ to
deprecated constructs, such that people who stumble across the code
are more likely to notice that it needs auditing and updating.

Certainly replacing no_new_pseudos with a potentially-legitimate
replacement will not help mark locations that need auditing.