Re: flag_complex_method = 2 in C++?

Mark Mitchell wrote:

To be clear, my preferences, from most preferable to least are:

* Method 2 is the default for all C variants, but can be overridden by
-ffast-math, or -fcomplex-method.

* Method 2 is the default for C99 and C++0x, but not for C89 or C++, but
can be overridden by -ffast-math or -fcomplex-method.

* Method 2 is the default for C99 and all variants of C++, but can be
overridden by -ffast-math or -fcomplex-method.

Excellent. Let's see if we can have some performance numbers (from Richard ;) I hope we can directly implement your option 1. Otherwise, I can work on implementing -fcomplex-method, an excellent idea, enpowering the C++ users as I like.

Paolo.