This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: flag_complex_method = 2 in C++?
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenther at suse dot de>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Doug Gregor <dgregor at cs dot indiana dot edu>
- Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:12:51 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: flag_complex_method = 2 in C++?
- References: <468D08DF.4050103@suse.de>
On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a look to libstdc++/30482, which basically is C++ issue: Jakub
> basically raises the issue of whether we want to use by default the
> C99-conforming division in C++ too. Personally, I would be in favor of
> enabling it unconditionally, modulo maybe a performance check (Richard...).
> Otherwise, we should at least enable it for C++0x, which refers to C99 as C
> language, of course.
>
> What do people think?
Well, I agree to enable this by default.
Richard.