This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Re; Maintaining, was: Re: Reduce Dwarf Debug Size


Kazu Hirata <kazu@codesourcery.com> writes:

> Hi Ian,
> 
> >> I don't see why:
> >>
> >>    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2006-02/msg02031.html
> >>
> >> was a bad thing.  i think gcc would have been better if it had just
> >> been committed.
> > Not fair.  Zack himself says the patch is not recommended for commit,
> > and it just a baseline for further work.  For this kind of target
> > specific change, I think it is best to let the target port maintainers
> > make the call.  I've CC'ed the maintainers listed for h8.  Perhaps
> > they will take a look at it.
> 
> I am aware of the define_constraints patch.  I am thinking about
> working on the H8 and M68K ports at least.  How urgent is this?  FWIW,
> I've reproduced the ICE that Zack mentioned, but I haven't
> investigated it.

It's not urgent at all.

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]