configure: WARNING: we cannot run a program linked with GMP (if you cannot
configure: WARNING: see the version numbers above).
configure: WARNING: However since we can't use 'libtool' inside the configure,
configure: WARNING: we can't be sure. See 'config.log' for details.

And as matt suggested if mpfr is not needed by 3.4, how can I configure it that way. --disable -mpfr did not help.

thanks for all the hints so far

dz

On 1/4/07, Vincent Lefevre <vincent+gcc@vinc17.org> wrote:
On 2007-01-03 22:19:16 -0500, drizzle drizzle wrote:
> Not 4.3 but 3.4 yes the older version.  And I built and installed mpfr
> and gmp. gmp4.1 and mpfr 2.2.  I dont have a /usr/local/lib64 on my
> system. Did my mpfr/gmp install incorrecly ?

I don't think MPFR install libs in .../lib64 (everytime I tried on an
x86_64 machine, it didn't, but I was using another prefix directory,
in my $HOME). Anyway, MPFR is based on the autotools. So, it would be
a problem with the autotools. But you can change that with the --libdir
configure option:

--libdir=DIR object code libraries [EPREFIX/lib]