This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC missed optimization?
- From: Devang Patel <devang dot patel at gmail dot com>
- To: Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: richard dot guenther at gmail dot com, fxcoudert at gmail dot com, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:55:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: GCC missed optimization?
>>I think this patch by Zdenek - vectorizing function calls - is related:
>> (would need to be extended to cover this case).
Yes, extending Zdenek's patch to recognize built-in is a good idea.
However, in case of compiler inserted built-in (e.g. this case) it is
a good idea to delay inserting built-in function calls after vectorizer
has a chance to optimize loop, specially when vectorized version
of built-in function is not available.