This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Why doesn't combine like volatiles? (volatile_ok again, sorry!)
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 13:54:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: Why doesn't combine like volatiles? (volatile_ok again, sorry!)
- References: <200511282040.jASKeevT004512@earth.phy.uc.edu>
On Nov 28, 2005, at 12:40 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
I was, there was no where in I was saying we should break ISO standard
The effect of following Ada's rules:
While it is true that GCC is not just an Ada compiler but I think
we should
follow a sane set of rules for GNU C which might mean following
Ada's rules
for this case.
would depart from ISO mandated behavior.