This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Thoughts on LLVM and LTO


Chris Lattner <sabre@nondot.org> writes:

| On Tue, 23 Nov 2005, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> writes:
| > | On Tuesday 22 November 2005 18:42, David Edelsohn wrote:
| > | > I will work with the GCC SC and FSF on that issue once the licensing
| > | > issue is addressed and we know LLVM is a viable option.
| > | >
| > | What purpose would that serve?  I'm not concerned about the SC, initially.
| > | It's the development community at large that needs convincing first.
| >
| > help me finish converting GCC to something compilable with a C++ compiler.
| > Without having something concrete to test with, we'll go again over
| > abstract arguments -- I did the conversion (many times) on my machine
| > as a proof-of-concept.
| >
| > Lots of things kept (and are keeping) me busy. But, I'm back now and
| > working on it.  I'd not mind more hands/help.
| 
| Why is this important?

For what? LLVM?  I never said it was.

|  I'm finding that compiling GCC with a C
| compiler and using extern "C" around the headers works just fine.

some of us needs more than just 'extern "C"' around the headers.  And
also notice that, not a long time ago you could not just pretend an
'extern "C"' around the headers and compiler it.  For more
information, search the archive. 

-- Gaby


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]