This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Copies of the GCC repository


Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

| Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
| > On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 05:07:12PM +0100, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| 
| >>    (2) Is it normal that "svk push" takes more than 5 minutes to complete?
| >>        If so, that does not match the speed argument I've seen for the
| >>        move to SVN.
| 
| > SVN is fast.  SVK, in many operations, seems to be quite slow (but fast
| > on others).
| 
| Part of the problem with svk is that for some reason it appears to devour
| memory.

That is very true -- I was depressed when "watching" svk with 'top'. 


|  I can only barely (and with a lot of swapping) svk sync a large
| repository with 256MB of system RAM. 

The machine I'm using has about 1G of ram.

| svn itself doesn't need anywhere near as much.

Interesting.

-- Gaby


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]