This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Register Allocation
On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 22:56 +0100, an unknown sender wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 November 2005 20:26, Peter Bergner wrote:
> > Insn Annotations [page(s) 17-18]:
> > * I like the idea of easy access to the register usage info
> > provided by the insn annotations. RTL isn't really setup
> > for making that easy.
>
> But it is if you use df.c. Really, it is. It is right there:
> reg-use and reg-def chains per insn, UD and DU chains, etc.
I meant to say that I like the idea of easy access to an insn's
register usage info, Whether that comes from insn annotations
or from df.c, I personally don't care. I just don't want to
hunt around the RTL insn for them, since that's time consuming.
Peter