This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RE: compiling gcc-4.0.2 on solaris 9


Ok, just recompiled with the shell as /bin/ksh and CC not defined
and got the same errors as last time? Thanks! 

-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf Of Douglas B. Jones
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:36 PM
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: RE: compiling gcc-4.0.2 on solaris 9


configure shell: /bin/sh
gnu make: GNU Make 3.80

Although I had #!/bin/sh at the beginning, it was taking my
SHELL as tcsh. I have stuck in (via notes) SHELL=/bin/ksh;export SHELL
and I am rebuilding it right now. Thanks! 

-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf Of Eric Botcazou
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:25 PM
To: douglas@gpc.edu
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: compiling gcc-4.0.2 on solaris 9

> I put:
>
> printenv CC
> echo $CC
> which cc
>
> in the script and only got output for the which cmd as
> /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc. I even reran the script with CC not set, just to make
> sure. Thanks!

Hum... let's try the basic checks then:
- what is your configure shell?
- what is your version of GNU make?

-- 
Eric Botcazou


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]