This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

RE: compiling gcc-4.0.2 on solaris 9


Ok, here is my script (note I am in a directory with only the
script below when I execute the script below):

CC=cc /export/home/src/net/gnu/gcc-4.0.2/configure
gmake bootstrap>make_err 2>&1

I get the exact same errors (at least as far as I see).

Also, I had actually looked at the two links below (for Solaris), but
they appeared to be more from earlier than Solaris 9 and for the most
part for earlier versions of the compiler (3.x series).

Once again, I appreciate all the help you all give! Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org [mailto:gcc-owner@gcc.gnu.org] On Behalf Of Eric Botcazou
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 4:25 PM
To: douglas@gpc.edu
Cc: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: compiling gcc-4.0.2 on solaris 9

> CC to cc only. So, now the script is:
>
> CC=cc
> export CC
> ../gcc-4.0.2/configure
> gmake bootstrap

Do not export CC and do not use a relative path:
CC=cc $absolute_path/configure ...

> Also, the ask why I was using the flags I was. The only reference I found
> to sparc where the sparcv9-*-solaris2* which sent me to sparc64-*-solaris2*
> on install/specific. html. Should I have been looking somewhere else?

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#sparc-sun-solaris2
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#sparc-sun-solaris27

-- 
Eric Botcazou


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]