This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: SV: Re: MISRA C support for GCC?


Joe Buck wrote:

I think that this discussion is premature; no one is proposing to
contribute a patch or signing up to start working on one, right?  Until
then, arguing about the goodness of MISRA C isn't really relevant to
GCC development.

I agree, and by the way, though not sharing quite so much skepticism on MISRA C itself (though trying to make an SC subset of C is pretty much bound to create something less than satisfactory if you ask me), I do share the doubt that it makes sense to add something to GCC to support it.

You would do much better with a qualified tool to enforce the subset
(GCC itself cannot conceivably be qualified).


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]