Re: [rfc] new tree-codes/optabs for vectorization of non-unit-stride accesses

On Thursday 17 November 2005 16:51, Dorit Naishlos wrote:
> only thing I can suggest in the context of the vectorizer is to use an
> extra argument to save a few tree-codes:

I don't think that this is a good idea.  If we are going to need
more tree codes, we're just going to have to figure out a way to
make it possible to have more tree codes, e.g. by cleaning up 8
of the 24 bits reserved for various flags, and make the field for
the tree code 16 bits.

Gr.
Steven